You will just have to walk some minutes from Les Hauts de Chaumont to reach the entrance of the Chaumont Domain, and then take advantage of the beauty and serenity of the place. Gardener’s team who takes care of the park marries skillfully colors and plants for the pleasure of eyes.
Le “Festival International des Jardins de Chaumont-sur-Loire”, organized every year from Mid-April to End of October, gathers multiple talents of landscape gardeners coming from many countries. They compete in originality to create, around a given theme, surprising and magnificent cases with association of various plants & herbs.
OTHER CASTLES AND SITES TO VISIT
You will easily access to the most famous castles of Loire Valley :
- The huge Chambord Castle, its architecture and its impressive park.
- Cheverny Castle and the richness and quality of its furniture.
- Chenonceau Castle and its famous bouquets, the gallery, the vegetable garden, and other gardens, where flat still the spirit of Diane and Catherine.
- Amboise Castle and le Clos Lucé, Léonard de Vinci's last home, thanks to François 1er; his major inventions are modelized, described by videos and you can also see some of them reproduced and exposed in the park.
- Without forgetting to visit Blois, Azay-Le-Rideau, Loches, and of course Villandry with its various and marvelous gardens.
Some others, less known, but also very interesting are waiting for your visit, Fougères sur Bièvre, Montpoupon, Beauregard, Troussay, Gué-Péan…
So, do not wait any longer, come to taste the sweetness of Loir-et-Cher, and relax at the edge of the swimming pool or in front of the fire, after diving in France history !
From Chaumont to famous sites
- Amboise : 20 km
- Beaugency : 54 km
- Blois : 17 km
- Chambord : 37 km
- Chenonceau : 24 km
- Cheverny : 33 km
- Montrichard : 18 km
- Saint-Aignan – Zoo Parc de Beauval : 36 km
- Tours : 44 km
- Troo : 66 km
- Vouvray : 34 km
OTHER PLACES TO VISIT
Besides the most famous castles of Loire, you can see at approximately half an hour :
- Botanical gardens, Prieuré d’Orchaise, Bourdaisière, Pagode de Chanteloup, Domaine de Sasnières, Jardin du Pouzet …
- Leisure parks for children and for adults, Zoo parc de Beauval at Saint Aignan, probably the most beautiful zoo in Europe, Mini castles park in Amboise, Beaugency labyrinth.
- Amazing villages, like Troo, cave dweller village, or Rochemenier.
- Mushrooms cave in Bourré near Montrichard, with a surprising underground village dug in tuffeau stone.
- Numerous wineyards to visit, to taste wines AOC of Loire (Cheverny, Cour-Cheverny, Chinon, Montloius, Vouvray, Bourgueil, Touraine Mesland …).
- 3 golfs close to Chaumont sur Loire, golf La Carte at Chouzy (9 holes), golf of Cheverny (18 holes), and international golf Les Bordes at Saint laurent Nouan
- Several riding schools close to Chaumont.
- Hot-air balloon flights with departure at Chaumont-sur-Loire, for a fantastic view of castles.
- Tracks marked out on the route of "Loire à Vélo"
- Strolls on La Loire with traditional boats or kayak to discover fauna and flora.
- GR3 (road of big hike) from Orléans to Tours.
- Various markets every day in villages surrounding.
- The tourist information office of Chaumont and your hostess are at your disposal to help you to organize your stay.